Welcome to DeKalb County, Georgia
The Crown Jewel of the Metropolitan Atlanta Region
Only a few locations can guarantee the right combination of resources that are crucial to your business’s success. Only a few places have an environment that is conducive for business and has a public electorate that values commerce and industry. In DeKalb, there is the right combination of investment incentives to attract new businesses; access support services and capital to help businesses grow; and information on procurement opportunities to enable businesses to sustain their growth.
For decades, the DeKalb Chamber of Commerce working in conjunction with the DeKalb County Office of Economic Development has been working to produce a unique combination of resources that has encouraged businesses to locate and find prosperity. The DeKalb Chamber is committed to promoting economic development, expanding business opportunities, and providing assistance to businesses interested in locating their principal office or base of operations in DeKalb County.
Not to be just an organization dedicated to corporate expansion, the DeKalb Chamber of Commerce values its burgeoning small business sector. Whether it be fostering seminars and workshops or collaborating with other business development agencies, the DeKalb Chamber of Commerce has the contacts and connections to help small business grow, develop, and succeed.
Explore DeKalb County and all there is to offer and you, like so many others will see why it is the place Where the World Lives and Where Does Business.
NEW JOB OPPORTUNITIES
DeKalb County is the third largest county in the state of Georgia trailing only Fulton and Gwinnett counties.
DeKalb County’s population…
• Is 17.7% of the “core” 10-county Atlanta region population.
• Has increased by 9.8% since 2000.
• Has the second highest percentage of non-white population in the 20-county area, at 69%. Only Clayton has a higher percentage of non-white residents. (Source: U.S. Census).
• At 4.26 persons per acres, is the most dense county in the 20-county area.
DeKalb County’s housing…
• Growth rate of 16% since 2000 largely due to its maturation as an urban county with little available land.
• Has the second highest percentage of multi-family units, 38.7%, in the 20-county area. Only Fulton has a higher percentage of it housing units as multi-family. DeKalb employment…
• Had approximately 15.5 percent of the total 10-county Atlanta region employment in 2009.
• Will increase by more than 24% by 2030, adding nearly 84,000 jobs between 2000 and 2030.
• As a percentage of total jobs, DeKalb has the fourth-highest percentage of jobs coming from the five highest-paying sectors in the 20-county area, 22.3%, behind only Fulton (32.3%), Gwinnett (27.6%) and Cobb (26.2%).
Source: Atlanta Regional Commission
ADDITIONAL SOURCES FOR DEMOGRAPHIC DATA:
- Atlanta Regional Commission – http://www.atlantaregional.com/info-center/arc-region/dekalb
- GA Department of Community Affairs – http://www.dca.state.ga.us/countysnapshotsnet/countysnapshot.aspx?cicoid=1044044