Are you a resident of DeKalb or do business in DeKalb, if so this is the organization for you.
WELD is a global gateway of multicultural and multi-generational women in progressive and traditional business industries.
Our mission is to share and deliver innovative and sustainable solutions that impact women executives, emerging leaders, and women business owners in metro Atlanta through Chamber programming and events. WELD: cause to combine and form a harmonious or effective whole.
Women Executive Leaders of DeKalb (WELD) Powered by DeKalb Chamber of Commerce
• 61% of all pharmacy graduates are women
• 63% of auditors and accountants are women
• 41% of MBA students are women
• 47% attending law school are women
• 48% in medical are women
The number of women entrepreneurs is multiplying two to four times faster than men depending on your region of the country. In 2013, 74% of all start-up companies were founded by women. (Source: The Atlanta Business Chronicle). Yet we still are underrepresented in C-Suite level positions, politics, and on public and corporate boards. The DeKalb Chamber of Commerce sees and promotes the value of women in business and non-profits. The historical and progressive contributions of women have changed the face of business as we know. WELD exists so that women business leaders, emerging leaders, and community / non-profit leaders could come together and help build and promote women leaders.
ARE YOU INTERESTED IN:
• Building your professional network
• Community engagement and strategic collaboration
• Interacting with the DeKalb and metro Atlanta business community
• Professional / personal development
• Board training and leadership
• Exclusive Chamber invites
• Advocacy on behalf of women in business
WELD will host 5 annual programs and a community service project. WELD will also collaborate with other business and community organizations.
YOUR MEMBERSHIP INTO WELD:
• Exclusive WELD pricing on one ticket to an Executive Speaker Series Luncheon
• Discounted tickets on Chamber programs and events
• Exclusive WELD only events
• Exclusive invitation to community events
• WELD lapel pin and t-shirt
WHAT IS THE ANNUAL COST?
• Chamber Investors – WELD is a complimentary benefit of membership
• Non-Chamber Investors – $200
Please fill out the Women Executive Leaders of DeKalb Application and submit to Katerina Taylor, the Director of WELD. Up to date information will be posted to our WELD page on the chamber website. For questions and sponsorship opportunities please contact Katerina at 404-378-8000 ext. 225 or email@example.com .