Call for Speakers
DeKalb Chamber is seeking speakers for our 2019 Biscuits and Business (B&B). The B&B is an informational networking event for DeKalb Chamber members and prospects. Led by the Chamber’s Small Business Advisory Council, B&B provides an opportunity for nearly 45 attendees to gain knowledge from industry experts and to network with local business professionals.
2019 EVENT SCHEDULE:All B&B will take place from 8:30 to 10:30 a.m. Location varies.
The 2019 tentative schedule is as follows:
- • Wed., March 13 – Content Marketing
- • Wed., April 17 – Social Media
- • Wed., June 12 – Fraud & Security
- • Wed., July 17 – Fraud & Security
- • Wed., August 14 – Workforce Development/Human Resources
- • Wed., September 18 – Workforce Development/Human Resources
- • Wed., October 9 – Media Relations/Storytelling
- •Wed., November 13 – Tax/Financial Planning
The following items are required in order to be considered:
- • An active membership with the DeKalb Chamber of Commerce.
- • A draft of your presentation must be submitted for the Chamber’s review and consideration. For PowerPoint presentations, you must submit a draft of the presentation in a PPTX file. The presentation does not need to be the final version, but it should cover the information you’d like to share. For other interactive presentation means, please outline and submit an outline of your presentation in a Word document.
- • A description of your presentation topic for the Chamber event listing. The tone of your copy should read as a promotion for the event.
- • A head shot and bio of speaker
A successful proposal will show how a presentation will:
- 1. Articulate lessons learned—including concrete examples of what worked and what did not.
- 2. Provide tangible takeaways, so audience members can put good ideas to work right away.
- 3. Engage the audience to interact with speaker and other attendees.
Please read and review all questions first before completing.
GIVING YOU ACCESS TO PEOPLE, INFORMATION, AND OPPORTUNITIES