2020 Chamber Strategic Plan
The DeKalb Chamber through council structure facilitates solutions to community and business development challenges. This is accomplished by collaboration between leadership, economic development interests, elected officials, education advocates, and communities in DeKalb County, Georgia.
- Locally driven • Globally aware • Connectivity • Relevance • Flexibility • Innovation • Collaboration • Inclusiveness
- Spending some time with CEO Thurmond is high on the priority list. These conversations will help us better understand his vision and will help to continuously shape ours.
- Continue to advocate for a business-friendly environment in DeKalb, which includes keeping the business community informed having a more focused communication plan around actionable items of the Chamber and our partners.
- Create and provide a scorecard on the ease of doing business in DeKalb and sharing that information with the county and the different departments.
- Continue to execute our tasks set forth in the DeKalb Thrives Strategy. DeKalb Thrives is the county strategy to improve the business climate, enhance the quality of place, and revitalize commercial corridors and employment centers.
- Develop a more robust clearinghouse for business information and resources. Items that include Podcast Series, Small Business Toolkit, partnerships with the SBDC, SCORE, and SBA. The Business NOW Account and other business funding mechanism to increase business cash flow, and countywide informational meetings on ePlan and other resources the business community should know they have access to.
- Hold the Chamber, local government, and leadership accountable to the business community of DeKalb by supporting positive leadership; considering scorecard to help inform and educate, and survey more businesses to better shape the Chamber’s legislative agenda.
- Continue to increase our presence and influence in the region, through social, business and community engagement.
- Increase charitable giving in our Chamber Foundation to continue improving education and economic development efforts in DeKalb