DeKalb Chamber Appoints Ten to Board of Directors
New board members to be installed at DeKalb Chamber 80th Annual Meeting
DECATUR, Ga., – Feb. 9, 2018 – The DeKalb Chamber of Commerce announces the appointment of ten new members to serve on the organization’s Board of Directors. The new board members will serve a three-year term.
“Our board is critical to executing the Chamber’s mission and vision,” said Katerina Taylor, DeKalb Chamber President and CEO. “We are fortunate to have these leaders join our commitment to strengthening the DeKalb business community. Their professional experience and background will offer insightful perspectives to our Board.”
- Dr. Shanesha Brooks-Tatum, Vice President, Creative Research Solutions
- Ebonie Carzo, Owner, Scrumptious Cakery
- Mario Evans, Airport Director, DeKalb-Peachtree Airport
- Mary Parker, CEO, All N 1 Security Services
- Belinda Pedroso, Director of Finance and Accounting, Kennesaw State University
- Nakia Sanford, Senior Regional Leader, Primerica/Sanford Agency
- Robert Scott, Principal, Executive Vice President, T. Dallas Smith & Company
- Jeff Taylor, CEO, Oakhurst Medical Centers Inc.
- Skip Vaughan, General Manager/Market Senior Director, Pepsi Beverages Company
- Sandra Xing, Owner, Stone Ridge Event Center
Toni Hannah, Area Manager at Georgia Power; Crystal Stevens, Community Development Officer at Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta; and Sharon Thompson, Business Banking Manager at Wells Fargo, will also serve on the board as a new appointee, filling a vacant seat for their respective company.
The new board members will be installed during the Chamber’s 80th Annual Meeting on Tuesday, February 27 from 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. at the Georgia Aquarium, 225 Baker Street NW in Atlanta.
Rodney Bullard, Vice President of Community Affairs at Chick-fil-A, Inc. and Executive Director of the Chick-fil-A Foundation, will serve as the keynote speaker. He will share ways to make an impact in the community and create a legacy of service, a message found in his upcoming book, Heroes Wanted: Why the World Needs You to Live Your Heart Out.
Tickets to the Annual Meeting are $150 for members and $175 for members. Sponsorship opportunities are still available. For more information and to purchase tickets, please visit bit.ly/dcoc80am.
ABOUT DEKALB CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
The DeKalb Chamber of Commerce is a membership-based organization with the mission to support, promote and sustain business development in DeKalb County. With 80 years of service in the community, DeKalb Chamber focuses on four critical areas including education, workforce and economic development, public policy, and business member services. We are the primary resource for businesses in DeKalb County. For more information on DeKalb Chamber, please visit their website at www.dekalbchamber.org or call 404-378-8000.