COVID-19: Businesses and Employers
DPH recommends that employers and employees:
- Use teleworking technologies to the greatest extent possible.
- Stagger work schedules.
- Consider canceling non-essential travel.
Businesses should also:
- Hold larger meetings virtually, to the extent possible.
- Arrange the workspace to optimize the distance between employees, ideally at least six feet apart.
- Urge high-risk employees to stay home.
- Urge employees to stay home when they are sick and maximize flexibility in sick leave benefits.
- Follow DPH guidance for community events and groups. It is recommended that gatherings of more than 50 people be postponed or canceled.
Other tips for businesses:
- Reinforce good hand hygiene tips and other common-sense precautions with employees and patrons.
- Review policies and procedures for remote or teleworking where possible.
- Cross-train employees for key functions so that daily schedules can continue relatively uninterrupted by potential employee absences.
- Review absenteeism policies to make sure employees are not being encouraged to come to work if they are sick.
- Establish a relationship with your local health department and communicate with them if you have any questions or concerns about coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19).
- Review CDC recommendations for cleaning practices.
- Work to make sure fear and anxiety don’t lead to social stigma toward any employees.
- Make sure you are getting reliable information from sources like the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and DPH.
GIVING YOU ACCESS TO PEOPLE, INFORMATION, AND OPPORTUNITIES